The mess that currently is USB-C and manufacturers cutting corners, including some well known manufactures makes it is extremely hard knowing what to purchase. Fortunately we have volunteers making the job for us and hopefully putting shame to manufactures cutting corners, something that is dangerous.
Recommended C to C cables by Nathan K
- j5Create JUCX01 USB 3.1 Gen2 5a (100w)USB-IF Certified
- Apple MLL82AM/A (A1739) USB 2.0 480 mbps 5a (100w)
- Apple / Belkin F2CD082ds0.5MBK vThunderbolt 3 (Gen2+)
- Apple / Belkin F2CU023yw1M-WHT C-C USB 3.1 Gen2 10 gbps 3a (60w)
- Google usb_type_c_usb_type_c (Pixel OEM) C-C USB 2.0 480 mbps 3a (60w)
Recommended A to C cables by Nathan K
- Apple / Belkin F2CU022yw1M-WHT A-to-C USB 3.1 Gen2 10 gbps 3a (60w)
- Google usb_type_c_usb_type_a (Pixel OEM) A-to-C USB 3.1 Gen2 10 gbps 3a (60w)
Rest of the list can be viewed here: Suggested Peripherals [Curated by Nathan K.] – Google Sheets
You should check out his review of chargers, the state of chargers is even more horrible.